Apple, as usual, gave us a reason to smile, at the Apple event, not only with the release of the new iPhone11 but also with the release of the new Apple Watch 5 series
Here are 6 Things you need to know about the New Apple Watch Series 5;
- You can now pre-order your Apple’s Watch Series 5 from 10 September. It will be available to buy in stores from 20 September. In Nigeria, it can be purchased on Jumia
- Apple Watch Series 5 price starts from $399/£399, in Nigerian Naira N143,640 for the GPS model and $499/£499 which is N179,640 and Cellular model.
- There will be new Nike models and new Hermes models, as well as new casing materials including titanium and ceramic joining the aluminium and stainless steel options.
- The Apple Watch Series 5 comes with an Always On Display, which means you’ll always be able to see the watch face without having to raise your wrist or tap the display.
- Watch faces have been optimised for the new feature and Apple says battery life won’t be affected.
- The new Apple Watch also adds a built-in compass, offering users elevation and incline data. There is also a new safety feature onboard in the form of international emergency calling. This feature is only available on the Cellular models but users will be able to press and hold the side button on their Apple Watch Series 5 and the Watch will dial emergency services.
- In terms of other features, the Apple Watch Series 5 offers the same features as Series 4, including waterproofing, an electrical heart sensor built into the Digital Crown and all the activity and workout features the older model has.